Thursday, September 24, 2015

Financial Peace




Does the word ring a bell to anyone? If not; check this out
http://www.daveramsey.com/home/

For the past 3...or is it 4? (something around there) My husband & I have been taking Dave Ramsey's -financial peace university- with some of our favorite couples... let me just sum it up in one word **AMAZING**EYE OPENING**
I was so nervous to begin this class, because, with my husband being an engineer, he already had us on a budget and had what i thought to be, everything budgeted out. Boy was I wrong... I also thought this class was only about creating a budget... Boy was I wrong again.

This class isn't even over and has brought our marriage together more tightly, has made me realize that it's not entirely how much money you actually make;  it's how you spend your money and how you invest your money. It's made me realize that I spend wayyyyy too much at Durango Joes Coffee.... :( wahh wahh...It's also made me realize that we started with ZERO money in savings and ZERO money in investments (which means no emergency fund and no to building wealth)

This class helps you pay off your debt, get a cushion for savings, save for your child's education fund (& just child fund in general) & to start investing money (making wealth) & start giving back.
Isn't that the life was all want? I do!

Why are you selling everything?
uhmmmm...... everything? first things first guys, it is definitely not EVERYTHING...
One of the things we learned about 2 weeks ago was to SELL anything that SITS or has been sitting for over months and months..."but what if you use it again, or get money and get to???"(well, eventually if you want that item again and plan to use it, you will have PLENTY of money to buy it later & use it (whatever that item may be) in the future... so sell it now, put it toward's debt/bills and free up space in your life and house) This was extremely hard for me at first... However, why do we need something that sits and something that we NEVER use? Pointless, right? .... *Life like no one else NOW so LATER you can live like no one else*


let that sit a bit.....

I just wanted to give a SHOUT OUT to my amazing friends that are taking the class with us and who fully support us and we fully support them.... Duh, we are in the same crazy train boat!! & a shout out to anyone that is taking this class or has taken this class...

No comments:

Post a Comment