Thursday, December 4, 2014

Christmas Advent Calendar



Lately, we have been obsessed with wood and pallets. I LOVE the look and can't stop swooning over everything!
This year, we wanted to spruce up a traditional advent calendar and take it to the next level.
Ready. Set. Go

This can be used as an advent calendar OR card holder.










Let me tell you about these bags... LOT'S OF LOVE AND HARD work were put into these things. I got different size goodies to put into these so that is why I first had the idea to make my own with the fabric I wanted... because they all needed to be different sizes. The sewing machine was not happy with my husband nor I..... but guess what, they are done!! & another guess what... They aren't perfect.... I am okay with that :) The girls love it!
p.s my house may of been a heck of a disaster for a week while trying to accomplish this and I MAY of filled these the night before December.


Some little sneak peaks of what we put in the bags. 




So, filling a tree with other things besides candy can get pricey, am I right? I was trying to think of other options I could do because I knew I didn't want candy in there daily... (I have about 5 days out of the 24 that have candy) and I made up tags of fun things like; No chore night, Hot coco date with mom, 5 minutes extra on a school night etc. (Basically free). I found cute pairs of gloves, colored pencils, mini chalkboard.
So far I have received positive feedback from the girls. I love that every morning after they get ready, they have their bag ready to open and are sitting on my bed waiting for me to watch in the mornings. 


Total price of tree, bags, goodies? 
Around $80. Which since I did it all for under $100 I was pretty excited!!


Hope you all enjoy and I hope everyone is having a great time counting down the days until Christmas!!
xoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment